Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Carta de um Tenente Argentino

Ir para baixo

Carta de um Tenente Argentino Empty Carta de um Tenente Argentino

Mensagem por Winston Churchill Dom Ago 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Senhores, abaixo a transcrição de uma carta de um tenente argentino que lutou contra os Scots Guards durante a Batalha de Tumblestone. A carta, direcionada aos veteranos desse pelotão fala sobre a batalha e principalmente sobre o respeito entre os combatentes. Em ingles apenas. Retirada do Grupo Falklands 30 no Facebook, grupo de veteranos britanicos e argies da Guerra das Falklands.

Letter to the members of the Scots Guards 2nnd
Hello Gentlemen,
I'm the one who in 1982 served as the 4th platoon leader / nacar company / 5th Batallion, during the battle in the West end of Tumbledown.
In 1982, I was a Lieutenant , the second officer rank in the navy, and I had 40 soldiers and NCOs at my position.
Like most of you, I am a professional soldier, and after the war I continued my career until last year, when I retired from the Navy Argentina, after 38 years of service with the rank of Captain.
Going back to the Battle of Tumbledown, I must say that I was surprised how the fight started, so close that we can not open fire on you at greater distances
This led us to you and us, to an melee infantry fighting that lasted between 2310 hours on 13 June until 0815 hours of June 14, when you took my foxhole which was the last one to fall.
It was a battle in which bothof us were fighting for our lives, but also for our honor as soldiers.
I never gave more importance if the reasons of the war were right or wrong.
That belongs to a level, that was not my responsibility as a Lieutenant, to be analyzed.
But rightly or wrongly, we both fight in just doing what we have to do like soldiers.
In this battle, 17 of my soldiers were KIA, and only 6 finish the battle without any wound.
I think these numbers speak louder than words, to describe what was that.
I am proud to have command that 40 soldiers on that night.
But I am proud to fought against you too
On that night you showed professionalism, discipline, courage and chivalry.
After the battle, my men and I have received the treatment of men by all of you, despite the bloody combat and emotions that we both had for our fallen and wounded comrades.
That sets the tone for who you are. True soldiers.
Each did his duty, and both have put into play the same, our lives and our honour.
So i feel you are true brothers in arms, that circumstances have led us to be faced.
In the years that have passed from the war, I received more recognition and satisfaction by the British military,than that of my own comrades and citizens.
I value it above all things.
When my son, Lieutenant Carlos Horacio Vazquez, told me to write this letter, it meant for me a great joy to be able to reach you with these words that many years ago i wanted to tell you.
Gentlemen, receive in my name as head of the 4th Platoon, my respect for you, my recognition of your value as soldiers, and especially my tribute to your fallen, for whom every year I order a Mass as for my soldiers, on this anniversary.
You have my utmost respect, and it will be until the last of my days.
God Keep You, and their comrades killed in combat.
Captain Carlos Daniel Vazquez
Argentina’s Marine Corps
Winston Churchill
Winston Churchill

http://www.clubedosgenerais.org

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo

Permissões neste sub-fórum
Não podes responder a tópicos